A very big thank you goes out to Kathleen McCormick from kathleenmcmusing. For choosing me for the Liebster Award. I first met Kathleen with the New Quilt Bloggers 2017 group, while we all work together learning new blogging skills. Please visit Kathleen’s blog and see the wonderful projects she has been working on, including quilting & knitting.
My favorite blog
Wow! My favorite blog right from the very beginning of my quilting life is Fandom in Stitches, Why?
Here is why. I release my geek very late in life. This is when I discovered Fandom in Stitches and it satisfied everything about being a geek. The website is filled to the brim and every expanding with quilt patterns (ALL FOR FREE) of any Fandom goodness you can think of. Do you like Star Trek? Or Star Wars? Any movies, TV shows, books, anime etc. You will find the patterns here. There are applique, paper piecing, piecing, embroidery and much much more. From Princesses to dragons to cars. You name it, it is on this blog. And did I mention it is all FREE. :))
I had to search hard for a couple of blogs with less than 200 followers, most bloggers I know has huge followings.
So here they are;
Suzie from Soozspeak because I admire her strength of character during hard times and
Wendy from kwiltkrazy because she is a crazy quilting lady, plus she is fulfilling a dream of opening her own quilt shop.
List of rules
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link by to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and every one. I visited a few hundred last year!!
If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
- Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most? I haven’t been to any country outside my own, so South Africa then.
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done? White river rafting
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be? My son
- Bike or Train? Train
- What/Who inspires you to travel this world? David Attenborough, his documentaries is amazing.
- What is the best memory that you have while traveling? The aeroplane trip.
- If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to? My parents
- Apple or Samsung? Samsung
- What is the scariest thing you have experienced while traveling? Big crowds of people pressing in.
- Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited: Amanzimtoti Toti Beach, Winklespruit Beach, Warner Beach.
- If you could only take 1 more trip, where would you go? Orlando Florida to Wizarding World
- Does blogging replace or enhance journal-ling? Replace
- Do you think education, as it is today, does justice to life and learning? Definitely not
- When do you find time to blog? At night, after a bit of quilting.
- If you could be any super hero, who would you be and why? Super Quilter, so that I can make quilts super fast and give it to anyone who does not have something to keep them warm.
- What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why? The start of the Fantastic Beasts Quilt Along 2016. I received so many letters from people quilting along, who became closer to family, because of the quilt along.
- What is your favorite book or series? My favorite series is Star Trek
- What is the most ridiculous contradiction, paradox, or crime against logic you have ever encountered? (Eg Windows clicking on “Start” to shut down…) People calling their child Blackie White.
- Would you rather explore the deep ocean or outer space? OOOOOH Outer space please.
- How long would you survive the zombie apocalypse? Justify your answer! Forever, because I will be in outer space of course.
- T-Rex or dragon? Dragon
- If you were going to be a character in someone’s book, who would you like to write it? Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory.
- What would you do for a Klondike bar? What is a Klondike Bar?
Questions for my nominees
Prepare your brains to be analyzed! I will include my answers.
- Given the choice of anyone in the world whom would you want as a dinner guest and why? Jennifer Ofenstein, because I really, really want to meet her in person.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful? My parents continuing support.
- If travel was something everyone did as a rite of passage growing up where would you recommend they go and why? (one country only) South Africa, our mountains, beaches and wildlife parks is the best.
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters: Blog regularly.
- What is your favorite dish? Mac n Cheese.
- Would you ever travel the world in a camper van? YES!
- What do you think of selfie sticks? Never had one, my arm is long enough thanks.
- When you have a writer’s block what do you do to work it out? I shut down the laptop and take a blog break.
- Who you gonna’ call? TTMT
Leave your posts here in the comments. If you’re not nominated for the Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2017, but want to answer any questions, I would be so happy to read them.
Till the next time.